1/16/17

Some of this, Some of that

First my destashing report:  Used a few scraps for some string blocks - about .10 yd.  Used a few pieces to make more hexagons - another .05 yd.  Made a few more units for En Provence and a few pieces for the Anna's Garden block - .05 yd.  Pulled and sorted out of the stash 6 yards to give to the Pay and Take Corner at the guild meeting tomorrow.  My YTD use/donation now stands at 6.8 yds destashed! 

Design wall #1 hasn't changed. Design wall #2 now has my first 2017 RSC block which is also my first Winter Solstice block.

I'm also participating in Shelley's "The 350 Blocks Project" in which you make blocks all year to see how many you construct.  If you get to 350 blocks, you're eligible for prizes at the end of the year.  Last year participants made over 35,000 blocks!  What's fun is you decide what blocks you're making; they don't go anywhere. It's all fun.  And the two 2017 projects above will help me keep making blocks.  Here's her badge, and Angela's, too.
Link in paragraph above.








What are you up to?  I'm working on my sampan, my Anna's Garden block, and thinking what top to make next as a baby quilt.  Leave me a comment and I'll come check your blog.  Blessings!

1/14/17

Third Time

the charm - or mark the seam and save yourself stress!
I've hand stitched this hexie to my ring three times because I didn't mark it.
See the hexagon at the end (at lower right)?  First I sewed it to the blue pink line. Wrong, Then I sewed it to the all blue line except it was with an all green line. Wrong again.  Note to self - mark which lines go together to save the seam ripper -lol.  I'm now working on another six piece hexie.  But the St. Anne Workshop is over, so I'll have time for other stuff now. Yeah, I've survived my very busy second week of the month. Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching and some other linky parties - see my tab above.

Oh, and I finished prepping that block:
Blessings!

1/12/17

2ND WIPs Be Gone

One more leaf and another block of Anna's Garden is done!
  The color is a bit off because I had to take this photo at night.  These are going so much faster than before.  I've already copied the next pattern, numbered the pieces and cut them out.  On a roll.

1/9/17

En Provence

The first project I worked on during last weekend's Quiltathon was En Provence.  I finished a few units I needed to fill in spaces and it was ready to lay out and label for assembly.
I'll make the border units another day.  Yes, mine is going to be a one block table topper measuring about 33" when I add the border.  I really like it and am so glad I played along on Bonnie's Mystery.  Go here to see more versions at Bonnie's post today.  Thanks so much, Bonnie.