Design Wall Monday 9/27

There are new items on my design wall, but today is a vegetation day - because it is 110 outside again!  Yesterday it was 110 also. And I'm just sitting in the living room taking in the cool air until the sun sets and it begins to cool.  On the left is the first of my buzzsaw charm blocks.  On the right is another shop hop block.
This buzzsaw charm quilt was in a 91 QNM issue.  As it is scrappy, I'm going to make it.  The assembly of the blocks are interconnected, so I will have to make them in the order I'm going to have them - they can't be loose.  The owl is a little crazy what with all the busy material, but that was the fabric in the bag so here he is.  I have to zig-zag stitch him to the background and he will be done.  I may do that tonight before I pack up my machine to take it for it's annual service appointment.  I use my Bernina daily so it needs it.  What's on your design wall?  Visit Judy's blog and see her post for this week as well as others.  Always fun.

2 comments:

  1. That owl is gorgeous. You could send some of the heat over here you know. I won't mind. It's real autumn chills at the moment. I was wearing a hat and gloves when I took Stan out for his walk this morning

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the buzzsaw quilt pattern a few issues back in Quiltmaker (was it really in '91?). If I recall it may have been done in pinks... It was between 115 - 108 - 97 in San Diego yesterday. Gotta keep them humming! Nothing like starting them up after a good service! Your owl is a real HOOT! Just in time for the approaching Halloween night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...