My May UFO is done

Actually it was done Tuesday but what with 3 of the DGKs coming in and out of our home, it's been hard to post let alone quilt or sew anything.  But yes, finally got DH to hold the quilt so I could take some photos.  Here it is:
Have no clue why the border looks so blue.  It is actually a deep purple.  Oh well.  This was a kit I bought at a Judy Sisneros lecture to a local guild.  It was a nine-patch pizzazz kit.  Went together easily.  Have no clue why it took me years to quilt it.  I'll probably put a sleeve on it and hang it in the living room.  The back is a batik.  I usually use a busy print so that my quilting mistakes won't show.  This time I had to use this fabric and decided I might as well do something other than an all over.  I came up with these feathers in the corners and the setting triangles and diamonds for the nine-patches.  It's a start.
Here's a close-up:

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I know how good it feels to finish something like that!
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alrighty! That's a great looking quilt Angie.

    Billie in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt!I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great quilt! I love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!! And I know you are so glad to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took you so long to finish such a pretty quilt.. I'm sure you are happy it's done. I love the colors, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...