Design Wall Monday 9/12/11

My back basting applique block is still on my design wall - I am making some progress with it.  Have 16 leaves and 2 cherries to needle turn still.  On the cherries, I am going around the cherry with a running stitch just outside of the back basting stitch and gathering it a tad.  This makes it easier to turn the circle 3/16th inch seam under and get it more circular.  Little by little--

Go on over to Judy's Patchwork Times on my left sidebar and see what others have on their design wall.  There is always something marvelous there.

3 comments:

  1. Your cherries are really coming along! I just finished the applique on my dogwood quilt. A bit more embroidery to do and assembling the top and I'll be sharing that soon.

    Love the feeling of taking the last few stitches on big project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried backstitching. I usually just spit on my finger and pinch the fabric back on the chalk line I've drawn......not very sanitary....huh.....smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your block. Backbasting is my favorite way to applique. Your circles look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...