3RD UFO done!

I'm so thrilled that I actually got another ufo done.  This is my completed coverlet.  It is made all from scraps(the pieces around the main block and the applique), orphan blocks (the dresden plate block), swap blocks( the two rows of nine patches and four churn dash) and yard sale fabric (the back is an old curtain I picked up at a garage sale).  It's going on my bed in the summers for a light covering.

A coverlet has no batting, so I opted to construct this by the stitch and flip method.  I centered the main block in the middle of the curtain and built the quilt from there. So it was quilted as it was assembled - a different kind of QAYG.  I should have appliqued the strips before I sewed them in place.  You can hear paper crinkle inside the flowers as I couldn't cut it out because the back was the finished product.  Oh well - not that much applique that it is a bother.  I brought the back forward for the binding - my first medallion quilt.

8 comments:

  1. Nice job getting another one in before the year end! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I have a coverlet my Grandma Jessie made for my Mom.

    I'm still trying to finish one block and have messed it up a third time. Started on it before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very pretty. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful coverlet. I love that you made it from scraps, yard sale finds, and orphans. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! What a bright and happy quilt to use in the summertime. Congratulations! A medallion quilt is on my list for someday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a beautiful piece! a glorified scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post to rejuvinate....2011...bet it was great to see this one again. I love the nine patches being used to create the madellian. Thanks for sharing at TUesday ARchives this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun 9P border! Those blocks are so versatile. www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...