I'm behind!

I'm behind on some of my projects, but I bet I'm not the only one.  One of the factors in getting there, is what Life throws at us and we didn't allow for that to happen.  So here is my bit of progress on my FMQ project.

I skipped the tiny stippling exercise because I quilted that heart design on a quilt which I feel the small stippling would not work with the other blocks. Besides, I have tiny stippled on other quilts. Second, I haven't gotten to the sharp stippling because of that Life I mentioned earlier, but I have been doing some FMQ.

On my last preemie quilt I decided to do some grid quilting but use wavy lines instead of the regular straight lines.  I've discovered since my straight lines sometimes are wavy, might as well make them wavy intentionally - LOL.
 I marked it with my 24 inch ruler and my chalk writer.  Then I decided to try a leaf design in the center of the churn dash blocks. This was totally FMQ and with each one got a little better.  Then I buried the threads as Leah demonstrated. 


What do you think?  I'm thinking it's getting easier to do this with each practice piece, so I better keep at it.  Now to schedule time to the the sharp stippling.

5 comments:

  1. Angie -- I think you're doing great ! I love the wavy lines and the quartered flowers look lovely !

    Good for you ! Keep up the good work.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Love the wiggly lines on the preemie quilt. Stippling is jut something that wears me out. Love the the leaf design in the center of the churn dash. You can really see the improvement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! It is always easier for me to make wiggle lines rather than straight ones! :) Your little leaf design is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie your quilting looks great to me, keep it up and soon you'll be an expert at it. It looks very good now and the only way is up LOL.
    Love Nan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...