Hexagons, a Finish and Flowers

I've got a ways to go for my 8 hours (as per Hexagon Alley) this month for progress on my hexagons, but getting there:

The small hexie in the bottom right is the size of my first hexie project. The second is almost twice the size of it. I spent some time going through my stash finding a piece to use as the background.  That is a 5 1/2" square.  I'm designing this as I go.  I do know I want applique somewhere on this new quilt. Would love to see your progress on your hexies or anything you're working on. Linky below.

I also have a finish that I did some FMQ on.  This is a charity quilt that I'll give to the local Cancer Center.
Measures 44" square. This is the center quilted motif.
And here's the back:

Finally, here's a blooming cactus.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  The flowers were all that gorgeous lavender and only the very centers and stamens were white.  Big too - about 5 inches across. Stopped me in my tracks as I walked by.


I'm linking to Leah's FMQ Project, Richard's Link a Finish Friday, TGIFF,Friday Flower Fotos and Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday.  You can find the buttons on the sidebars.  Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, those cactus flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the charity quilt- especially those pink butterflies! Also, the cactus is lovely. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift and sure they would be delighted with it.Your cactus flowers are gorgeous and your hexie block too.Have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got two charity quilts to quilt for others but that will be a job for tomorrow. The cactus flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are appliqueing your hexies to a background fabric? Just wondering. I was experimenting with that this week too. Love that cactus! Those flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!!! Your quilts are lovely and your cactus is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, The cactus blooms are beautiful!! And, I love what you're doing with the charity quilts. The local cancer center will love receiving them.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...