Applique Tuesday Week 26!

Oh my - half of 2015 is nearly gone! Where does the time go?

I took my hexie flower I made with my cousins and turned it into a mug rug:
I machine appliqued it to a round of front, batting and back.  If I can find the thread, I'll quilt around the inner hexagon and up the side seams to make it more flower petal like.

Did you do any applique or work on some eye candy.  Let me know and I'll come by and take a gander and leave a comment.  Thanks for stopping by!

I'm linking to Connie's Linky Tuesday Party - see you there.

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty mug rug! I recognize the fabric in the middle because I have some in my stash. I know that I bought mine more than 30 years ago! It is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fussy cutting and a perfect match to the fabric.....time is definitely fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't appliqued, by hand or machine, in forever! I'd have to give up crazy quilting, because both are so time consuming. I like your use of the hexagon, though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. giving me ideas here, love the little mug mat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice way to finish off a little hexie cluster! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty mug mat. You will smile every time you use it because it will remind you with time spent with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit hopelessly addicted to a hexi anywhere and yours is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...