Design Wall Monday

I'm playing with a setting layout for my Splendid Sampler blocks.
 I've decided to group them by the overall color (or what color the block reads).  Way up in the air right now as to final layout, however I do know it will be a 4 part quilt as you go. It will be up on my design wall for a while.

Finished another Splendid Sampler block. This is #71.  I chose to piece it rather than paper piece it.  Getting the right sizes for the pieces was the hard part - the rest was just simple sewing.  None were smaller than a 1 1/2" strip.

I'm linking to several linky parties today. See the tab under the header if you'd like to, too.  Giveaway for hexagon papers still open see top sidebar.  Blessings!  We were blessed already. We woke up to a light rain. It's a blessing in our drought state.

2 comments:

  1. Your latest Splendid Sampler block is gorgeous. Love the colours and very well done. I tried paper piecing once and I'm sorry to say that I am not in love with the technique. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. block looks good well done working it out not FPP way. I am one of those with a mental block when it coms to FPP, so far behind on my blocks now just download and print them off and maybe one day will make some more but have done a few 12" as find 6" so fiddly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...