Coming off my design wall

is my second scrappy St. Anne's baby quilt top for this month.  That makes two now from the same scrap bag.  The only thing I pulled from my own stash was the yellow fabric.  I had to make some liberated four patches as the yellow strips had to be 3 1/4 " wide in order to get four of them from the piece.  Then to avoid a math dilemma I just made the next border's four patches 3 1/2" square and trimmed 8 of them to fit the 3 1/4" size on one side. I should have taken an 1/8 off two parallel sides and that would have made them look less liberated But then again maybe not.  Used up a lot of little scraps.

I'll turn it in next Thursday and have them sandwich and tie it. Then someone will take it home to bind. We have a working meeting after prayer and "show and share".

It's raining here - just the right weather for hand stitching in the warm living room.  I'm attaching my hexie donut to the center now.

Book giveaway on sidebar.  I'm linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday and others. You can find her link up button and others under my tab, linky parties, above.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, you are doing well. I like your maths solution. It's a great group you have going making these lovely wee quilts. Hexies look good too. Hugs Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. another sweet baby quilt have not tried tying a quilt before maybe I will have a go on a small piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I love the scrappy 9 patch/ 4 patch baby quilt for St. Ann's!!
    So sweet!! A future mother and baby will love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...