Design Wall Monday 7/23/12

Here's that third block a little bit more along.  I wanted to do the hand because it took up so much of the block, but I forgot that there is a sequential order to developing an applique.  In order to set the hand I needed to add the branch that is under it.  And before the branch I had to have the leaves for the twigs to cover them, and before the leaves I needed another letter that goes under a leaf - in all I have nine pieces before I can sew on the hand. Maybe by Thursday, I'll have that piece in place to show. For now, it's that first baby quilt to finish for the shower on the 28th.  Not much time to get it done as it will be a week of chauffering, babysitting and going to the International Quilt Show in Long Beach on Friday.

What's on your design wall?  Go on over the Judy's beautifully redesigned blog, Patchwork Times, and Lyn's BOMs Away to see eye candy.  I look forward to seeing yours, too.

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! One of the things I love about appliqué is the orderliness of it. Everything has its place and an order for placement. It's like watching a painting come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeee :D Yeah, applique does that to us - goes messing with the way we want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that the part we like the best has to come last? Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your guild chartering a bus this year to the Long Beach Quilt Show?
    Any seats vacant?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...