Applique Thursday After All

Well, I had to print a label, so since I fired up the old computer thought I'd post the photo of my finished block as it does have applique - the planes, the headstones and the flag.  Here is the Oct block of our guild's BOM:

I learned couple of things in making this block.  The planes look a little wonky and that's because I didn't hold the iron still as I was fusing them on.  Also what looks green to me doesn't always translate to green on the screen.  The grass looks a lot more green in real life.  But that's okay as the grass at the National Cemetery is hard to keep a brilliant green and it does match the green of the fields.

1 comment:

  1. You did a terrific job. No applique, but I do have a block I posted that I don't think I added to last Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...