Applique Tuesday 7/2/13

Wow! Where did the week go?  I have been trying to survive the hot weather here. The first days were the worst, but I'm acclimatizing and it has gotten a tad cooler.  It was only 100 today. So I'm hoping I can get some sewing done.  I've been prepping to make the first element of Esther's Love Entwined, and yes, it does have applique. Hundreds of read emails later, I'm confident I've learned the best way to make a mariner's compass (my first), construct the center circle and make 5/16ths dots for the ring around it - last two are applique.

Here's my fabric and the papers for paper piecing.  Once the compass is done, I'll make the center circle.  I'm not too keen on the one shown in the pattern (others have changed it).  It reminds me of a face of a power ranger (remember those characters?).  So I'll have to come up with something else. One participant fussy cut a flower - now that is a great idea.  I'll see. 

In the meantime, what are you up to - applique or otherwise?  Please share your eye candy.

6 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you picked for the LE projects. My fingers won't even hold something 5/16s of an inch.....LOL. I knew that designed reminded me of something...I do remember the Power Rangers and had one somewhere in my hoard of stuff for years. Wonder if I still have it. I guess the kids will find out when they clean out all my mess......giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying not to look at your 'nothing but UFOs in 2013' button that was my mantra...err, in 2011! Ha!

    Onto more realistic things, how stunning are your
    fabrics? I just love them, your compass is going to really shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can't wait to see the result! I was also going to finish everything in 2013..................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fabrics so bright and cheery.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will enjoy watching your progress. You are so smart to figure out another way to do your center block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...