New blocks/FMQ on my Design Wall today

Up on my design wall are a very old UFO - from the 90s I believe and a new set of blocks for a rag quilt. The UFO is a 34" carpenter star with shoofly blocks in the corners.  I'm quilting it right now as it's been done for 20 years  or so. This will be my first charity quilt of 2014.  Beside it, are twelve 16" flannel blocks that will be my first St. Anne's quit* of the year, also.  I must work on one of my "quilts for me" for the rest of the week to start my 2014 challenge.

I'm linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday and Lyn's BOMs Away. See you there!

*Some have asked:  I started a quilting group at our church.  It’s called St. Anne’s Sewdality.  We meet once a month to make/pray over quilts for low income, first time mothers.  There’s a Mommy & Me clinic in our parish boundaries and once a month we take them a stack of 7 – 12 quilts to distribute to their clients when they come for their first postpartum visit.  We are a group of 10 women – some don’t have a machine, so we keep our quilts on the simple side so they can design, sandwich and tie and be part of our production line.  You can visit here to see some of the quilts we've donated.  http://stannessewdality.blogspot.com    I make quilt tops so that the ladies will have something to sandwich and tie. We've decide to make them generally about 36” square so they can be used for newborns, then for stroller or car seat blankets.   I try to make at least 2 a month for them.   The one I will make with those 16” blocks is going for a special person.  So that's what a St. Anne's quilt is.

7 comments:

  1. Just wondering.... what is a St. Anne's quilt?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am curious about St. Anne's too!
    Carpenter's Star is one of my fave's:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too....giggle. You Design wall looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilting group Angie! One of the things I really love about quilting is the way just about every quilter I meet is charity-minded and loves to share his/her gift with those less fortunate. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very generous lady my friend. I love how you devote yourself to others so much of your time. Your blocks are lovely and those who get the quilts are blessed. A true servant. Have a very blessed year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic service quilting group. :) I love the churn-dash blocks in the corners with the carpenter's star. Must be a fun finish to get that long-term UFO cleared up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie,
    These two quilts are wonderful!! Especially love the 90's UFO!! The soft tan and white are restful. Yes! Your St. Anne's Sewdality group is doing a wonderful work!! I know the mother's and newborns who receive these little quilts will love and cherish them forever.
    Hugs!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...