Hexie Weekend

Company is gone now, but it's taken me some time to get back to normal, do laundry and store things. I was actually able to do a bit of hexies for this post. But the wonderful thing I read this week was Sue Garman's continuing post of the Quilt Festival in Houston. She photographed this gorgeous quilt by quiltmaker Anna Maria Schipper Vermeiren. It is called British Garden. Look very closely and you'll see hexagons.
Photo by Sue Garman
You can see the full post here .  Do go to her post and see the closeups of this incredible quilt! You will be amazed. And watch this video below of another of Anna Maria's fabulous quilts:

 Before the company arrived I was quilting the commission quilt whenever I could fit in a few minutes.  I quickly found I had to find a way to mark the path so I wouldn't get lost in what direction I needed to go.  I came up with masking tape to lead me across the quilt as it isn't a straight path for this quilt.
 Here is part of that path quilted.  Just have about a fourth to do by the 13th.
I'm linking to Amanda's Finish it up Friday and Sarah Jean's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop?  as I got to finish 2 hexie flowers.

Let us see what you are up to - hexie or not, new post or old - we love all eye candy. Linky below - closes Monday, midnight.


 Blessings!

7 comments:

  1. no hexies for me today but I did some work on them a couple days ago and made progress - love that quilt with all the little hexies in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting is looking great. I'm sure you'll have it done in time. Good idea to use the masking tape to guide you!

    Your hexies are very pretty! Someone has been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute hexies Angie. It does take a while to get back to normal....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful quilt, have seen lots of photos from Houston but not this one before

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the music quilt and your hexies are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've popped over from Slow Sunday Stitching. Your hexies are gorgeous...time to get mine out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...