WIPs Be Gone Week 21

Here's a WIP of a dress -  WIP #12 to be precise.  All it needs is for me to sew on the buttons and hem it.  Why it has taken me 10 years I don't know.  3 of the 12 buttons sewn on.  And I'll have to find a hook and eye somewhere.  I got rid of all my clothes sewing notions in my last purge. Oh my.'
And I made another Hexi - this time a star - for WIP #3.
My first one.  I followed Karen's of Faeries and Fibres blog tutorial and it went together much easier than I thought. She has excellent directions.  I dread paper piecing, but it's getting better each time I do it.  This flower is a little less than 4" across at it's widest points.  I used 3/4" hexagons to make it. 


I'm linking to Richard's Link A Finish, Amanda's Finish it Up Friday, and Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop?.  

So that's my progress for this week.  How about your WIPs?  How are you doing on those?  Would love to see - doesn't have to be a finish, but we'll admire those, too.  Linky below - remember it doesn't even have to be a new post. Ends Monday, midnight.  Lots of eye candy on the NET.  Have a great weekend!



11 comments:

  1. I had a little chuckle when you said the dress WIP is 10 yrs old. If that were mine it would need more than buttons, I've put on 30 lbs in 10 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star turned out perfectly! Good work and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I hadn't thought of doing a hexie star! I'll go check out her tutorial on it. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that star and I have not seen one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I have some of your dress fabric in my stash ... I intended to make a camp shirt from it and still haven't even begun. Congratulations to you for finishing your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a sweatshirt jacket I started years ago that will probably never be finished, so don't feel like you are alone--haha! I love your hexie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found myself thinking if I finished a dress that was 10 years old would it still fit me...hmmm, maybe not unless it was lycra ;-) That's an awesome hexie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty hexie star. I made one some time ago. Don't know what to do with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to participate in your linky this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...