Applique Tuesday

I'm working on those blocks for my UFO challenge.  It called for applique:


Still needs embellishment. And while I had the applique tools out, I decided to work on a block from Anna's Garden - the January UFO.


With the Solstice block I made that had an appliqued basket that made 3 blocks of applique in the past few days - a record for me. I do believe I'm getting faster at this. The owl block was done using the crafty applique method. The other two are freezer paper and starch.

Have you done any applique lately?  I'm linking to some linky parties under my tab for them and to Let's Be Social.  Go see her darling Elephant Parade.
Sew Fresh Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Any applique?? ALWAYS!! Love those toadstools x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh your owl block is adorable, he looks so so cute. I love toadstools too. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes! Love applique... and I did some blocks from Anna's Garden at some stage... quilt is at quilter's as I write.

    keep going! I am cheering you on Miss Applique
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely applique. Afraid I chickened out of the solstice basket and embroidered one instead but amazingly did the heart one first time I have tackled applique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mushrooms are adorable! Great job on the applique'! It is one of my favorites to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...