Mod Baby Top Finish

But first let me show you my DH's pride and joy:
This is why he grows cactus.  They may only bloom once a year, but when they do, they're spectacular.  And look at their color combination!

An analogous combination right out of the color wheel. Wow.

He's got quite a few ariocarpus in bloom.  It's like going down and seeing a carpet in place.

Below you'll find what I call my Mod Garden Plots.  The top will come off the design wall and get sandwiched and begin the quilting this weekend.  I wish I could tell you who should get credit for this pattern.  I saw it on the internet with white sashing and loved it.  But for a baby, I was hesitant to use white.  Now I wish I did.  Maybe I'll make another one with white.  The squares measure 8 1/2"  square when sewn.  I wanted it to be a size usable in the NICU.  It will measure 32"  square when I'm done.  Think I'll try using a Baptist fan type pattern when I quilt it.  I bought some rulers that will make this doable on my Jukie.

I'm linking to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday and some other parties as in my "more" tab above. Check it out for some great projects.  Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. The blooms are amazing. Even though white is popular, I do think a darker color is more practical. That is a pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little baby quilt. Spectacular cactus flower!! Thanks for sharing both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice quilt for a baby and to brighten up the NICU. Great cactus, too!
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. La flor es maravilloso y el quilt les va a encantar.

    Si,no pude encontrar la caja de los hexágonos pero bueno a seguir con la nueva y disfrutando con los hexágonos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...