WIPs, Where are You?

I've been sucked into the whirling space of "new project".  I feel like Dory - I'm going to finish what I started - Oh look such a cute new project.  Am I hopeless?  Here's my latest start - I've finished all the blocks for it.  They're even sewn together (didn't get a photo of that - it's gone to another St. Anne's member for sandwiching and completing).
 I love this pattern. Anyway you turn the blocks the seam abut very nicely to give one flat intersections. It went together fast once I found all the scraps of leftover baby fabric to make the centers.  These were all in a scrap bag - another one almost emptied.  The blue strips came from my stash.  I just happened to have the yard I needed. Once I had those 49 centers,  I used chain piecing to whip through the blocks
 I laid down the strip on my machine, right side up and put a center piece on top and sewed them together.
Left a teeny space (1/8"-3/16th) and added the next center. Once the strip was full, trimmed the blocks and added added strip on the other side of the block doing the same procedure. "Top measures 39 1/2" square.

And then my next distraction from my WIPs is a commissioned piece I am quilting.
Crazy motif, but all will be explained when I can show you the front.

What are you up to?  Come by and I'll go see your WIP.  I'm linking to Sara's Can I get a Whoop Whoop?  and other (you can check them out under my More tab).  Blessings!


5 comments:

  1. cool commissioned piece. Looks like you're burying your threads. What's the design? Thanks for the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and no, you are not hopeless. We all have those "Dory" moments. Interesting quilting. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are days when I feel my whole day is a Dory moment. LOL We all have them. Adorable quilt with all those baby prints. Can't wait to see what your quilting motif will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angie,

    I've tried guessing what the quilting design is, but have given up. I shall have to be patient and wait and see!

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...